When I was playing with today’s photo I decided against the normal HDR route with Photomatix and tried to just mask the relevant parts out. The 3 images I used were these:
By adding the 2 extra exposures to the main image with a few simple masks, I was able to make the inside of the can visible which would’ve been hard to achieve with normal lights and cameras.
Tomorrow is our flight to Melbourne, so I gotta make this short and start to pack now. If someone needs a more detailed description of how to combine photos like these, you can contact me through my website and I’ll see what I can do to help out.