After months (years?) of having the same collection of projects in the same website I got to a point where I decided that it’s time for a change. This new site and blog is based on Movable Type which I learned to love in this transition period. It’s unbelievably flexible and it seems to have a fairly solid backend.
Just like my last site, this is an experiment. Sure, there’s a section with projects that is designed to be easily accessible but there are also bits and pieces that are purely there for testing and/or are not designed to be viewed by all browsers out there.
Talking about a certain browser takes me to another thing: I’ve ruined my homepage for Internet Explorer 6 users. They are taken to a page with blinking and moving text, horrible huge borders, “under construction” animations and other sins of the Internet from 2001. My normal front page did work in IE6 but I decided to add a different type of experience for people who haven’t updated their browser in years. See below for the before/after:
uhm.. yeah… Disclaimer: I think I prefer the proper version