I felt like it was time for a little change on here. In the last few days I started this WordPress theme pretty much from scratch.
I added Blueprint CSS and started removing elements that I won’t need. I made it as simple as I could and then removed some more elements.
As a little experiment (after all this is my playground for things that probably make no sense in a production environment (yet)) I added a script which makes sure that all my images are within the vertical grid. If they are not within the grid, the script shrinks them to a size where they do fit in. Depending on the browser it might end up looking not as sharp anymore but I found it to be the better solution compared to adding a wrapper div with the overflow hidden. Of course it would have been nice if all the pictures fit in to start with. But like the Stones used to sing:
“You can’t always get what you want”…
Of course I’m still tweaking this theme to correct glitches on all ends and it needs a good cleanup. But if you finds something that I missed, I would love to hear from you in the comments or in an email.